The V6-powered Camaro uses a 3.6L engine with variable valve timing to optimize performance and fuel economy. It is SAE-certified at 304 horsepower (227 kW) and 273 lb.-ft. of torque (370 Nm). A six-speed manual transmission is standard with the 3.6L engine; a Hydra-Matic 6L50 electronically controlled six-speed automatic, with TAPshift control, is available.
The high-performance Camaro SS is equipped with a powerful 6.2L V-8, with a choice of a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. Manual transmission-equipped models receive the LS3 engine, SAE-certified at 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (569 Nm). It is paired with a TR6060 six-speed transmission.
A new, L99 V-8 engine is used on automatic transmission-equipped SS models. It is based on the LS3, but also includes GM’s fuel-saving Active Fuel Management feature. It is SAE-certified at 400 horsepower (298 kW) and 410 lb.-ft. of torque (556 Nm). It is matched with a Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed transmission that helps delivers an EPA-estimated 25 mpg on the highway.
The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro TRANSFORMERS Special Edition includes the following:
* AUTOBOT® shield on the driver and passenger side panels
* AUTOBOT® shield on each of the four wheel’s center cap
* AUTOBOT® shield embroidered on interior center console
* “TRANSFORMERS” logo on driver and passenger doors’ sill plates
* “TRANSFORMERS” logo embedded into the hood rally stripes
* High-gloss black center rally stripe package
* Manufacturer’s suggested retail price of package: $995